Sunday, October 14, 2012

First Nine Weeks!

I wish I had started this on day one. Oh, Well! Veronica is officially 9 weeks into her first year of school ...::drumroll::... KINDERGARTEN!

It is definitly a crazy feeling to see her in the same school i grew up going to! She started the year with a subsitute, Ms. Briggs and now has her official teacher, Mrs. Solomon.

Since the begining of the year we have done alot and I feel I have grown alot as a mother. Veronica is learning so much. She started out at a disadvantage because of having never been in day care or pre-k. She has alot of catching up to do and I am trying very hard to help her get there.

Life has changed alot for us. With me working at Ace now and having Doug (my amazing boyfriend) to help with everything I have alot more time for V.  Monday through Friday is school (...and early mornings!) I have off on Mondays so I have started volunteering at school. On Wednesdays I close and we walk the 1.3 miles to school together. Every other Wednesday is floor night so I dont go into work untill 2:00 p.m., on these days I also volunteer. Wednesday after school Veronica goes to the Good News Club (its like a sunday school in the cafeteria). Fridays her Dad or Bella (her grandmother) pick her up and she spends the weekend with them. I pick her up on either Saturday nights or early Sunday morning. Sundays is our no excuse family day, which is usually spent fishing!

My house is changing too. My antique look is being replaced with artwork, school stuff, homework aids, newsletters and calendars.
My dining room post first nine weeks is imposible to keep clear of school clutter. It seems to be the collect all of her school work, homework, backpack, lunchbox and shoes!

On October 2, 2012 Veronica had her first school picture day! She seemed to be the only child in her class as dolled up as I had her. Picture day happened to fall on P.E. day so she had to wear tennis shoes but she still looked cute as a button.
Their pictures were taken around 9:15a.m. (school starts at 8:00a.m.) so hopefully her hair stayed curled and pretty. I was worried about the condition her dress would be in at the end of the day but luckily, to my suprise, her dress made it through the day without any stains, rips or damage.

On October 5, 2012 Veronica had her first school social which was an ice cream party put on by the PTO. They performed a song for the parents and ate ice cream. She had a blast playing with her classmates and looked too cute up on that stage. She got put behind a couple of boys but she still pushed through to the front!  I will upload a link to the video of her performance later! :)

Her first report card will arrive on October 18th. It is just so crazy to think she is already a quarter of her way through her first year of school.

Well, I think this is probably enough for now. Stay logged in for new updates. We love you all and for those of you who we dont see very often we miss you bunches!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing more. :) I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear that things are going well, I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! Love You! Guess next time you will have to sign your name! Miss ya.

      Delete